Packed With a Purpose
New year, new food trends on the horizon! TODAY Food came up with their own list which they believe will be the healthy food trends in 2020. So here goes!
1. Move over cauliflower, sweet potato may be taking your trend-setting spot.
2. Fish is expected to follow the “meatless” trend and go faux.
3. Plant-based yogurt, ice cream, creamers, and more will keep going and going…their popularity just won’t stop in the new year.
4. “Sober curious” comes to the front with mocktails instead of cocktails.
5. Fruit flours and potent powders. To think, you can now keep the doctor away with apple flour.
All of these food trends are packed with a purpose to keep our New Year’s resolutions of healthier eating on point. Check!
It’s More Than Meats The Eye
Transparency and technology are a part of our present and future, and that doesn’t stop with food. According to Charleston|Orwig, a Wisconsin-based marketing and communication firm, 4 in 10 U.S. consumers believe lab-grown food is ‘scary,’ and have zero plans to add them into their diets. However, younger folks are more likely to try things like plant-based and lab-grown products than older folks with about a fifth of 18-34 year olds saying these products are the future and will help save the planet. Keeping you informed to expand our knowledge of food from farm to lab.